1. When and how did you get started in derby?
I was looking for an interesting subject for a photo essay for school. Turned out they had an open practice the next week…
2. What’s been your favourite derby moment?
Our first big win! The feeling of victory is undescribable… as is the profound sense of team spirit we felt during/after that game.
3. Who are your derby heroes?
I mostly admire highly intelligent players, strategic derby masterminds. Donna Matrix is a perfect example: the way she controls and steers an entire pack plus jammers is unbelievably smart and sly!
4. How did you pick your derby name?
It’s a song by The Raveonettes.
5. What’s your worst injury?
Getting my chin stitched up after falling face down on it. Twice.
6. What advice would you give to someone who would like to play derby?
Let yourself be bitten. Be passionate about it. Give it your all, every single practice. Always set goals for yourself. Let yourself get frustrated, then learn from it. Stay motivated.
7. If I wasn’t playing derby, I’d be…
playing hockey or baseball.
8. One word to describe GO-GO Gent